Rojões (fried pork meat)2013-03-29
- Servings : 4
- Prep Time : 10m
- Cook Time : 25m
- Ready In : 35m
Rate this recipe:
A typical Portuguese recipe that you will want to try. Pork served with chips, sprinkled with chopped parsley.
Units: Metric / (Units: US)
- 800 grams / (1 3/4 pounds) pork cut into cubes
- 1.2 kg / (2 2/3 pounds) potatoes
- 100 ml / (6 3/4 tablespoons) olive oil
- 100 ml / (6 3/4 tablespoons) white wine
- 2 bay leaves
- 1 tablespoon red pepper sauce
- 20 cloves of garlic
- Salt (to taste)
- Vegetable oil for frying
- Parsley (to taste)
- Season the pork with ten unpeeled crushed garlics (place the garlic on a table and use your hand to press the flat side of the knife against the garlic. The garlic will easily crush under your weight), a little salt, red pepper sauce, bay leaf and white wine.
- Place the olive oil and the remaining unpeeled crushed garlics in a skillet and saute over low heat about 2 to 3 minutes. Then, add the pork cubes together with the marinade. Stir with a wooden spoon, cover the skillet, and simmer over medium heat about 20 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Meanwhile, wash, peel the potatoes and cut into cubes. Season with salt and fry in hot oil. When the potatoes are fried, place them on a plate with absorbent paper.
- When the meat is fried turn off the heat. Add the fries to the skillet, mix in the meat and sprinkle with chopped parsley. Place on a platter and serve.