- Servings : 12 slices
- Prep Time : 20m
- Cook Time : 30m
- Ready In : 2:35 h
Rate this recipe:
You have to try this homemade rye bread. It’s easy to prepare and very nutritious.
Units: Metric / (Units: US)
- 300 grams / (10 1/2 ounces) rye flour
- 50 ml / (3 1/3 tablespoons) olive oil
- 1 tablespoon dry baker’s yeast
- 150 ml / (1/2 cup and 2 tablespoons) water
- 1 teaspoon salt
- In a large bowl, mix the rye flour and the salt with a spoon. Add the baker’s yeast and mix well. Pour the olive oil and some of the water. Knead everything with your hands and go slowly pouring the remaining water.
- Place the dough over a table sprinkled with flour and knead it well until it is fully involved and soft. When this process is completed, let the dough rise in a bowl covered with cling film about 45 to 1 hour until the dough double in size.
- Remove the dough from the bowl and knead it a little more. Give the dough a rounded shape and place it in a baking tray lined with tracing paper. With a sharp knife make 3 to 4 diagonal cuts across the dough, sprinkle with a little flour and allow to stand about 45 minutes.
- Meanwhile, preheat the oven to 200ºC / (400ºF).
- Bake for about 30 minutes until the bread start to browned. Remove the bread from the oven and serve.