Sericaia ‘Portuguese sweet’2014-12-06
- Servings : 8
- Prep Time : 10m
- Cook Time : 30m
- Ready In : 50m
Rate this recipe:
The sericaia is a typical Portuguese sweet greatly appreciated in Portugal. Get to know our recipe and delight yourself.
Units: Metric / (Units: US)
- 350 ml / (1 1/2 cups) milk
- Zest of half a lemon
- 125 grams / (4 1/2 ounces) sugar
- 75 grams / (2 2/3 ounces) all-purpose flour
- 3 eggs
- Cinnamon (enough to cover completely the sweet)
- Place the milk, sugar and the flour in a saucepan. Whisk together and cook over medium heat. Add the lemon zest and stir until the cream thicken. Turn off the heat, place the mixture in a large bowl and allow to cool until lukewarm (cover the bowl with cling film with a few holes in the middle to let out the steam).
- Preheat the oven to 180ºC / (350ºF).
- Meanwhile, separate the yolks from the whites. Beat the egg whites until stiff peaks form and set aside. Mix lightly the yolks with a fork. Add to the cream and stir. Then, fold gently with a spatula the whipped egg whites.
- Pour the mixture in a rectangular baking dish, sprinkle with cinnamon powder (enough to cover completely the sweet) and bake about 20 minutes.
- Remove from the oven, let cool to room temperature and serve.
Nutrition facts per serving (8 servings):
Total Fat: 3 g(5%)
Saturated Fat: 1 g(5%)
Cholesterol: 85 mg(28%)
Sodium: 60 mg(3%)
Total Carbohydrate: 27 g(9%)
Protein: 6 g