- Servings : 20 units
- Prep Time : 20m
- Cook Time : 35m
- Ready In : 1:05 h
Rate this recipe:
Croquettes are always a great solution to serve at a party! These shrimp croquettes with excellent presentation are delicious and will impress your guests!
Units: Metric / (Units: US)
- 450 grams / (1 pound) shrimp
- 1 medium onion
- 50 ml / (3 1/3 tablespoons) olive oil
- Pepper (to taste)
- Nutmeg (to taste)
- Thyme (to taste)
- Parsley (to taste)
- 4 cloves of garlic
- 1 small onion to cook the shrimp
- 200 ml / (3/4 cup and 1 1/2 tablespoons) milk
- 2 tablespoons corn starch
- Salt (to taste)
- 2 eggs
- Vegetable oil for frying
- Put the shrimps in a saucepan with water seasoned with salt and a small peeled onion. Bring to a boil over medium-high heat. When starts boiling, reduce to low heat and cook for 6 to 7 minutes. When the shrimps are cooked, drain them and let cool slightly. Peel the shrimps.
- Put the shrimps, parsley, pepper, peeled garlics, nutmeg and the thyme in a blender and blend slightly.
- In a saucepan, put the chopped onion, olive oil and saute over low heat until the onion start to turn slightly golden. Add the shrimp mixture, stir and cook for 2 to 3 minutes, stirring occasionally. Dissolve the corn starch in the milk and add to the pan. Stir with a spoon until obtain a creamy mixture, about 2 minutes. Turn off the heat, put the mixture on a plate and let cool completely.
- Whisk the eggs with a fork. Coat the croquettes in flour, then dip in the eggs mixture and finally, coat in breadcrumbs.
- Heat the oil in a skillet. When the oil is hot, add the croquettes and fry them until golden. Put the croquettes on a plate with absorbent paper.
- Serve the croquettes with salad.