- Servings : 12 slices
- Prep Time : 20m
- Cook Time : 35m
- Ready In : 55m
Rate this recipe:
Want to prepare a tasty snack for your friends? This banana cake recipe will amaze them! It’s a very simple cake to prepare, delicious and is perfect to be served with coffee or tea! Bon appetit!!!
Units: Metric / (Units: US)
- 2 medium bananas
- 4 eggs
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- Zest of one lemon
- 125 grams / (4 1/2 ounces) sugar
- 150 grams / (5 1/3 ounces) all-purpose flour
- 1 tablespoon honey
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- Preheat the oven to 180ºC / (350ºF). Grease a bundt cake pan (24 x 8 centimeters / (9 1/2 x 3 1/4 inches)) with margarine and dust with flour.
- In an electric mixer, beat on medium speed the eggs, the sugar and the lemon zest until obtain a homogeneous mixture. Put the bananas cut into pieces in a blender and blend on high until creamy. Add the banana cream together with the honey and the cinnamon to the egg and sugar mixture and mix for 3 to 4 minutes until it’s nicely incorporated. Reduce the mixer speed to low, add the flour mixed with the baking powder and beat until obtain a creamy and homogeneous mixture.
- Pour the mixture into the prepared pan and bake until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean, about 35 to 40 minutes (the time depends on the oven).
- Turn off the oven and unmold the cake. Let cool completely and serve with a hot cup of coffee.