Snapper in the oven ‘Portuguese style’2013-12-10
- Servings : 4
- Prep Time : 10m
- Cook Time : 1:05 h
- Ready In : 1:15 h
Rate this recipe:
A typical Portuguese recipe, very tasty and simple to prepare, snapper seasoned with salt, that goes in the oven with potatoes, drizzled with a sauce confectioned with tomatoes, onions, garlics, bay leaf, white wine and olive oil.
Units: Metric / (Units: US)
- 4 snapper steaks (about 900 grams / (2 pounds))
- 100 ml / (6 3/4 tablespoons) olive oil
- 4 cloves of garlic
- 3 medium ripe tomatoes
- 100 ml / (6 3/4 tablespoons) white wine
- 1 bay leaf
- 2 medium onions
- 1 red pepper
- Pepper (to taste)
- 1.2 kg / (2 2/3 pounds) potatoes
- Salt (to taste)
- Season the steaks with a little salt and set aside.
- In a pan, place 50 ml / (3 1/3 tablespoons) of olive oil, chopped garlics, chopped onions and bay leaf. Leave to sauté over low heat until the onion starts to turn golden. Then, add the red pepper cut into strips and the peeled tomatoes cut into small pieces. Drizzle with white wine and season with salt and pepper. Leave to sauté until the tomatoes start to break down.
- Wash, peel the potatoes and cut them into quarters. In a glass baking dish place the fish and the potatoes. Drizzle with the sautéed and with the remaining olive oil.
- Bring to preheated oven at 180°C / (350ºF) about 45 to 50 minutes.
- Turn off the oven and serve.