Snapper in the oven2013-08-28
- Servings : 4
- Prep Time : 10m
- Cook Time : 55m
- Ready In : 1:05 h
Rate this recipe:
A simple recipe that everyone will like, snapper that goes in the oven with potatoes drizzled with white wine and olive oil.
Units: Metric / (Units: US)
- 1 kg / (2 1/4 pounds) snapper cut into steaks
- 1.2 kg / (2 2/3 pounds) potatoes
- 150 ml / (1/2 cup and 2 tablespoons) olive oil
- 150 ml / (1/2 cup and 2 tablespoons) white wine
- 2 medium onions
- 6 cloves of garlic
- 1 bay leaf
- Pepper (to taste)
- Parsley (to taste)
- Salt (to taste)
- Preheat the oven to 180ºC / (350ºF).
- Season the fish with salt and pepper; set aside.
- Wash and peel the potatoes. In a rectangular baking dish, place the onions cut into round slices together with the potatoes. Season with salt, peeled garlics, bay leaf and parsley. Drizzle with olive oil and white wine and bake about 30 minutes.
- Remove briefly the baking dish from the oven and add the fish. Place the baking dish back on the oven about 25 minutes until the fish and the potatoes start to turn slightly golden brown. Occasionally drizzle the fish and the potatoes with the sauce.
- Turn off the oven and serve.