Spanish omelette with spinach2014-09-02
- Servings : 4
- Prep Time : 5m
- Cook Time : 30m
- Ready In : 35m
Rate this recipe:
Have little time? Try this delicious, quick and healthy recipe of spanish omelette with spinach.
Units: Metric / (Units: US)
- 1 small bunch of spinach
- 700 grams / (1 1/2 pounds) potatoes
- 5 eggs
- 1 medium onion
- 1 drizzle of olive oil
- Salt (to taste)
- Pepper (to taste)
- Olive oil for frying the potatoes
- Peel and wash the potatoes. Cut them into cubes and fry in a frying pan with olive oil and onion cut into round slices. When the potatoes are slightly fried, drain them well together with the onion and set aside.
- Meanwhile, bring to a boil on high heat a saucepan with water seasoned with a little salt. When starts boiling, add the spinach and cook about five minutes. When the spinach are cooked, drain them well and set aside.
- In a large bowl, whisk the eggs with a fork. Add the spinach, potatoes and the onion and season with a little pepper. Mix all ingredients together and set aside.
- Heat a frying pan with a drizzle of olive oil. When the olive oil is hot, reduce to low heat, add the spinach mixture and fry on both sides until golden brown. Check with a spatula if the Spanish omelette is golden on the bottom, and turn the omelette with the help of a dish (turn the omelette placing a dish over the frying pan. Put the omelette back in the skillet to fry the other side).
- Turn off the heat and serve.