- Servings : 4
- Prep Time : 5m
- Cook Time : 55m
- Ready In : 60m
Rate this recipe:
A very pleasant pie and easy to prepare, stuffed with chopped spinach confectioned in a sautéed of olive oil, onion and garlics, which goes to oven drizzled with a sauce of eggs and cream, sprinkled with grated cheese.
Units: Metric / (Units: US)
- 600 grams / (1 1/3 pounds) spinach
- 1 medium onion
- 50 ml / (1 3/4 ounces) olive oil
- 3 cloves of garlic
- 230 grams / (8 1/4 ounces) shortcrust pastry
- 4 eggs
- 200 ml / (3/4 cup and 1 1/2 tablespoons) whipping cream
- 50 grams / (1 3/4 ounces) grated cheese
- Salt (to taste)
- Cook the spinach in a pan with water seasoned with a pinch of salt about ten minutes. When they are cooked, drain and chop them.
- In a pan, place the olive oil, the chopped onion and the minced garlics. Leave to saute over low heat about three minutes. Add the chopped spinach, wrap well in the saute with the help of a wooden spoon and cook about five minutes. Stir once in a while. Turn off the heat and set aside.
- In a bowl place the eggs, the whipping cream, a little salt and wrap everything well with a wire whisk.
- Line a pie pan with shortcrust pastry and prick the bottom with a fork. Pour the spinach mixture and, on top, drizzle with the mixture of eggs and cream. Sprinkle with grated cheese and bring to preheated oven at 180°C / (350ºF) about 25 to 30 minutes until golden brown.