Sponge cake filled with chantilly and pineapple2015-02-28
- Servings : 14 slices
- Prep Time : 25m
- Cook Time : 25m
- Ready In : 1:10 h
Rate this recipe:
Going to receive friends or family at home and want to impress? Dare to make our sponge cake filled with chantilly and pineapple. Can be an interesting birthday cake…
Units: Metric / (Units: US)
- 4 eggs
- 150 grams / (5 1/3 ounces) all-purpose flour
- 125 grams / (4 1/2 ounces) sugar
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 3 pineapple slices
- 300 ml / (1 1/4 cups) heavy whipping cream
- 3 tablespoons powdered sugar
- 1 tablespoon vanilla powder
- Preheat the oven to 180ºC / (350ºF). Grease a bundt cake pan (approximately 24 x 8 centimeters / (9 1/2 x 3 1/4 inches)) with margarine and sprinkle with flour.
- In an electric mixer, beat on medium speed the whole eggs with the sugar until obtain a creamy and homogeneous texture. Reduce the mixer speed to low, add the flour mixed with the baking powder and beat until a creamy mixture.
- Pour the mixture into the prepared pan and bake until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean, about 25 minutes (the time depends on the oven).
- When the cake is cooked, turn off the oven and unmold. Allow to cool to room temperature; set aside.
- Whip the cream together with the powdered sugar and the vanilla in a electric mixer until stiff peaks form (don’t overbeat the cream). Cut the pineapple into chunks; set aside.
- Slice the cake in half with a long sharp knife. Place the bottom slice of the cake on a platter and spread with 1/2 of the cream and a few pineapple chunks. Cover with the top slice of the cake and spread with the remaining cream. Garnish with the remaining pineapple pieces and serve. Store the cake in the fridge.