Steak with coffee and mushrooms2013-05-02
- Servings : 4
- Prep Time : 5m
- Cook Time : 15m
- Ready In : 20m
Rate this recipe:
Steaks confectioned with mushrooms, seasoned with pepper and salt, drizzled with coffee, milk and red wine.
Units: Metric / (Units: US)
- 4 beef steaks (about 500 grams / (17 1/2 ounces))
- 300 grams / (10 1/2 ounces) sliced mushrooms
- 50 grams / (1 3/4 ounces) margarine
- 50 ml / (3 1/3 tablespoons) strong coffee
- 50 ml / (3 1/3 tablespoons) milk
- 50 ml / (3 1/3 tablespoons) red wine
- 1 tablespoon corn starch
- Pepper (to taste)
- Salt (to taste)
Heat the margarine in a frying pan. When the margarine is completely melted, add the steaks and the mushrooms, season with salt and pepper and fry over medium-low heat. When the steaks are fried, place them on a plate and set aside.
Dissolve the flour in the milk. Add to the frying pan the milk with the flour, the coffee and the red wine. Stir and allow the sauce to thicken a little. Stir once in a while.
Place back the steaks in the frying pan, drizzle with the sauce and turn off the heat. Serve the steaks with lettuce salad and white rice.