Steak with coffee and mushrooms2013-05-02
- Servings : 4
- Prep Time : 5m
- Cook Time : 15m
- Ready In : 20m
Rate this recipe:
Steaks confectioned with mushrooms, seasoned with pepper and salt, drizzled with coffee, milk and red wine.
Units: Metric / (Units: US)
- 4 beef steaks (about 500 grams / (17 1/2 ounces))
- 300 grams / (10 1/2 ounces) sliced mushrooms
- 50 grams / (1 3/4 ounces) margarine
- 50 ml / (3 1/3 tablespoons) strong coffee
- 50 ml / (3 1/3 tablespoons) milk
- 50 ml / (3 1/3 tablespoons) red wine
- 1 tablespoon corn starch
- Pepper (to taste)
- Salt (to taste)
- Heat the margarine in a frying pan. When the margarine is completely melted, add the steaks and the mushrooms, season with salt and pepper and fry over medium-low heat. When the steaks are fried, place them on a plate and set aside.
- Dissolve the flour in the milk. Add to the frying pan the milk with the flour, the coffee and the red wine. Stir and allow the sauce to thicken a little. Stir once in a while.
- Place back the steaks in the frying pan, drizzle with the sauce and turn off the heat. Serve the steaks with lettuce salad and white rice.