Steaks with lemon sauce2013-04-15
- Servings : 4
- Prep Time : 5m
- Cook Time : 15m
- Ready In : 20m
Rate this recipe:
Going to receive friends at home and want to prepare a quick, tasty and easy recipe? This steak recipe with lemon sauce is perfect for the occasion!!
Units: Metric / (Units: US)
- 600 grams / (1 1/3 pounds) beef steaks
- 50 ml / (3 1/3 tablespoons) olive oil
- Juice of one lemon
- 2 tablespoons margarine
- 200 ml / (3/4 cup and 1 1/2 tablespoons) whipping cream
- 1 egg yolk
- Nutmeg (to taste)
- Pepper (to taste)
- Salt (to taste)
- Cut the steaks into pieces and season with pepper, nutmeg and salt.
- Heat over low heat a frying pan with olive oil and margarine. When the margarine starts to melt, add the steaks and fry them over medium-low heat about 7 to 8 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Meanwhile, combine the cream, egg yolk and the lemon juice. Add this mixture to the frying pan, reduce to low heat and stir with a wooden spoon until obtain a slightly creamy mixture, about 3 to 4 minutes.
- Turn off the heat, sprinkle with some pepper and serve.