Steaks with potatoes and sautéed vegetables2014-02-03
- Servings : 2
- Prep Time : 10m
- Cook Time : 30m
- Ready In : 40m
Rate this recipe:
Everyone likes a steak recipe and it’s easy to prepare, make it healthier and prepare your steaks with sautéed vegetables! They have excellent presentation and are a very nutritious recipe.
Units: Metric / (Units: US)
- 2 beef steaks (about 250 grams / (8 3/4 ounces))
- 600 grams / (1 1/3 pounds) potatoes
- 50 ml / (3 1/3 tablespoons) olive oil
- 4 cloves of garlic
- 2 bay leaves
- 1 small broccoli
- 2 medium carrots
- Pepper (to taste)
- Salt (to taste)
- Peel and wash the potatoes and the carrots. Cut the carrots into strips and divide the broccoli into eight. Put the potatoes and the carrots in a saucepan with water seasoned with salt. Bring to a boil over medium-high heat. When starts boiling, reduce to medium-low heat and cook for 20 minutes. When the potatoes and the carrots are almost cooked, add the broccoli and cook for more 5 minutes. Turn off the heat and drain the potatoes and the vegetables with a skimmer; set aside.
- Meanwhile, season the steaks with salt, unpeeled crushed garlics, bay leaf and pepper. Heat the olive oil in a frying pan. When the olive oil is hot, add the steaks and fry them on medium-low heat on both sides about 7 to 8 minutes. When the steaks are fried, put them on a plate and set aside.
- Put the potatoes and the vegetables in the frying pan and saute over medium-low heat for about 3 to 4 minutes. Turn off the heat and serve.
Nutrition facts per serving (2 servings):
Total Fat: 32 g(49%)
Saturated Fat: 6.5 g(32%)
Cholesterol: 112 g(37%)
Sodium: 221 mg(9%)
Total Carbohydrate: 55 g(18%)
Protein: 44 g