Steaks in tomato sauce2013-07-03
- Servings : 3
- Prep Time : 5m
- Cook Time : 30m
- Ready In : 35m
Rate this recipe:
Want an alternative recipe for cooking your beef steaks? Try this delicious and quick steaks recipe with tomato sauce. It’s simple to prepare and is perfect for serving with white rice or boiled potatoes.
Units: Metric / (Units: US)
- Beef steaks (about 350 grams / (12 1/3 ounces))
- 4 cloves of garlic
- 1 tablespoon red pepper sauce
- Pepper (to taste)
- Bay leaf (to taste)
- 3 medium ripe tomatoes
- 1 medium onion
- 50 ml / (3 1/3 tablespoons) olive oil
- 100 ml / (6 3/4 tablespoons) white wine
- 1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
- Salt (to taste)
- Season the steaks with a little salt, pepper, white wine, bay leaf, red pepper sauce and Worcestershire sauce.
- Place the olive oil and the onion cut into round slices in a large skillet and saute until the onion start to turn slightly golden. Then, add the peeled tomatoes cut into small pieces, the peeled garlics and cook over medium-low heat until the tomato start to break down, stirring occasionally. Add the steaks together with the marinade and cook over medium-low heat about 10 minutes.
- Turn off the heat and serve the steaks with white rice or boiled potatoes.