Stewed beef medallions with fried egg2017-11-11
- Servings : 2
- Prep Time : 5m
- Cook Time : 25m
- Ready In : 30m
Rate this recipe:
If you do not know what to do for dinner and want to prepare something quick and simple this may be the perfect recipe for you! These stewed beef medallions with fried egg drizzle with a delicious sauce are the perfect choice for a dinner with your family!
Units: Metric / (Units: US)
- 2 beef medallions (about 500 grams / (17 1/2 ounces))
- 2 medium onions
- 50 ml / (3 1/3 tablespoons) red wine
- Thyme (to taste)
- Pepper (to taste)
- Nutmeg (to taste)
- 50 ml / (3 1/3 tablespoons) olive oil
- 2 eggs
- 4 cloves of garlic
- Bay leaf (to taste)
- Vegetable oil for frying the eggs
- Salt (to taste)
- Season the medallions with salt, pepper, nutmeg and thyme.
- Put the olive oil, the onions cut into round slices, the bay leaf and the peeled garlics in a saucepan and saute over low heat until the onion start to turn golden brown. Add the medallions, drizzle with red wine and cook over low heat for about 20 minutes.
- Meanwhile, fry the eggs in vegetable oil. When the eggs are fried, put them in a dish with absorbent paper and season with a little salt.
- Put the medallions on a dish with the fried egg on top and drizzle with the sauce. Bon appetit!!!