Stewed chicken with spices2018-01-02
- Servings : 4
- Prep Time : 5m
- Cook Time : 1:15 h
- Ready In : 1:20 h
Rate this recipe:
This meal is ideal for those cold winter days! Stewed chicken with a quite tasty sauce and with delicious spices that give a special touch to this recipe! Serve this delicious recipe at a family dinner or among friends.
Units: Metric / (Units: US)
- 1.5 kg / (3 1/3 pounds) chicken cut into pieces
- 2 medium onions
- 50 ml / (3 1/3 tablespoons) olive oil
- 1 tablespoon red pepper sauce
- 6 cloves of garlic
- 1 medium ripe tomato
- 100 ml / (6 3/4 tablespoons) white wine
- 75 ml / (5 tablespoons) red wine
- Coriander (to taste)
- Pepper (to taste)
- Oregano (to taste)
- Nutmeg (to taste)
- Saffron (to taste)
- Thyme (to taste)
- Salt (to taste)
- Put the olive oil, the onions cut into round slices, the peeled tomato cut into small pieces and the peeled garlics in a saucepan and cook over low heat until the tomato start to break down, stirring occasionally.
- Add the chicken pieces and season with a little salt, pepper, oregano, nutmeg, saffron, thyme, white wine and red wine. Cover the pan and cook over low heat about 1 hour.
- Turn off the heat, sprinkle with coriander and serve the chicken with white rice or boiled potatoes.