Stewed cuttlefish with white beans2014-02-01
- Servings : 4
- Prep Time : 10m
- Cook Time : 1:10 h
- Ready In : 1:20 h
Rate this recipe:
The traditional Portuguese flavors are always welcome in a family lunch! Prepare this stewed cuttlefish with white beans for your family, they will love it!
Units: Metric / (Units: US)
- 1 kg / (2 1/4 pounds) cuttlefish cut into pieces
- 400 grams / (14 ounces) white beans
- 2 medium onions
- 4 cloves of garlic
- 50 ml / (3 1/3 tablespoons) olive oil
- 1 teaspoon paprika
- 4 medium ripe tomatoes
- 4 bay leaves
- Pepper (to taste)
- Coriander (to taste)
- Salt (to taste)
- Soak the beans overnight.
- In a pressure cooker with a liter (4 1/4 cups) water cook the beans about 15 to 20 minutes. When the beans are cooked, turn off the heat, drain the beans with a skimmer and set aside. Reserve the beans cooking water.
- In a saucepan, put the chopped onion, chopped garlics, olive oil, the peeled tomato cut into small pieces, the bay leaf and the cuttlefish. Season with a little salt, paprika and pepper. Stir with a wooden spoon and place the pan over low heat for about 55 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- When the cuttlefish are cooked, add the beans and season with a little more salt if necessary. Stir and cook for 2 to 3 minutes, stirring occasionally. Pour the beans cooking water (about 350 ml / (1 1/2 cups)), stir and cook over low heat for about 10 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Turn off the heat, sprinkle with chopped coriander and serve.