Stewed dogfish with rice and shrimp2014-07-05
- Servings : 4
- Prep Time : 15m
- Cook Time : 45m
- Ready In : 60m
Rate this recipe:
A wonderful stew recipe, dogfish cooked in tomato and onion, mixed into rice and shrimp. Delicious…
Units: Metric / (Units: US)
- 900 grams / (2 pounds) dogfish cut into cubes
- 250 grams / (8 3/4 ounces) rice
- 4 medium ripe tomatoes
- 1/2 red pepper
- 1/2 green pepper
- 3 cloves of garlic
- 2 medium onions
- 50 ml / (3 1/3 tablespoons) olive oil
- Pepper (to taste)
- Coriander (to taste)
- 300 grams / (10 1/2 ounces) shrimp
- 1 small onion to cook the shrimp
- Salt (to taste)
- Season the dogfish with salt and set aside. Place the shrimp in a saucepan with water seasoned with salt, a small onion and a small bunch of coriander. Bring to a boil over high heat. When starts boiling, reduce to low heat and cook about 4 to 5 minutes. Turn off the heat and drain the shrimp with a skimmer. Allow to cool slightly and peel them; set aside.
- Place the olive oil, the peeled tomatoes cut into small chunks, chopped onion, the peppers cut into strips and the chopped garlics in a saucepan and saute over low heat until the tomato start to break down. Add the dogfish, stir, season with pepper and simmer about 5 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Then, add the shrimps and the rice, stir and pour water (enough water to completely cover the mixture). Season with a little more salt, stir and boil over medium-high heat. When starts boiling, reduce to low heat and simmer for about 10 to 12 minutes.
- Turn off the heat, sprinkle with chopped coriander and serve immediately.
Nutrition facts per serving (4 servings):
Total Fat: 18 g(28%)
Saturated Fat: 4 g(20%)
Cholesterol: 295 mg(98%)
Sodium: 470 mg(20%)
Total Carbohydrate: 35 g(12%)
Protein: 60 g