- Servings : 2
- Prep Time : 5m
- Cook Time : 40m
- Ready In : 1:15 h
Rate this recipe:
If you like fish and want to prepare a simple and tasty recipe you have to try this stewed grouper recipe! Serve with boiled potatoes or white rice drizzled with the delicious fish sauce. Bon appetit!!!
Units: Metric / (Units: US)
- 2 grouper steaks (about 500 grams / (17 1/2 ounces))
- 2 medium onions
- 100 ml / (6 3/4 tablespoons) white wine
- 50 ml / (3 1/3 tablespoons) olive oil
- 1 teaspoon paprika
- Saffron (to taste)
- Pepper (to taste)
- 3 cloves of garlic
- Bay leaf (to taste)
- Salt (to taste)
- Season the fish with a little salt, pepper, saffron, paprika and white wine. Let marinate about 30 minutes.
- Put the olive oil, the onions cut into round slices, the peeled garlics and the bay leaf in a saucepan and saute until the onion start to turn slightly golden brown, stirring occasionally. Add the fish together with the marinade and cook over low heat with the pan covered for about 30 minutes.
- Turn off the heat and serve the grouper with boiled potatoes or white rice.