Stewed rabbit with potatoes, peas and carrots2014-03-21
- Servings : 4
- Prep Time : 10m
- Cook Time : 60m
- Ready In : 1:10 h
Rate this recipe:
Rabbit stewed with potatoes, carrots and peas is the ideal recipe for a cold Winter day.
Units: Metric / (Units: US)
- 1.2 kg / (2 2/3 pounds) rabbit cut into pieces
- 2 medium onions
- 4 cloves of garlic
- 1 bay leaf
- 4 medium ripe tomatoes
- 100 ml / (6 3/4 tablespoons) olive oil
- 3 medium carrots
- 250 grams / (8 3/4 ounces) peas
- Salt (to taste)
- 900 grams / (2 pounds) potatoes
- Pepper (to taste)
- In a saucepan, put the olive oil, the peeled tomato cut into small pieces, chopped onion, bay leaf, the rabbit and the chopped garlics. Season with salt and pepper, stir and cook over low heat about 25 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Meanwhile, peel, wash the potatoes and cut them into cubes. Peel the carrots and cut them into small pieces.
- Add the potatoes, carrots and the peas to the pan and stir with a spoon. Pour water (enough water to cover the mixture), season with a little salt and boil over high heat. When starts boiling, reduce to medium-low heat and cook for 25 to 30 minutes.
- Turn off the heat, let stand a little and serve.
Nutrition facts per serving (4 servings):
Total Fat: 44.5 g(69%)
Saturated Fat: 9.5 g(48%)
Cholesterol: 205 mg(68%)
Sodium: 213 mg(9%)
Total Carbohydrate: 60 g(20%)
Protein: 82 g