Strawberry ice cream2012-11-05
- Servings : 8 bowls
- Prep Time : 20m
- Cook Time : 0m
- Ready In : 6:20 h
Rate this recipe:
A tasty strawberry ice cream, ideal for a summer afternoon, easy to prepare, confectioned with strawberry puree, egg yolks, sugar and whipped cream.
Units: Metric / (Units: US)
- 450 grams / (1 pound) strawberries
- 200 ml / (3/4 cup and 1 1/2 tablespoons) heavy whipping cream
- 1 tablespoon sugar to beat the cream
- 3 egg yolks
- 100 grams / (3 1/2 ounces) sugar
- Wash the strawberries, remove the stem and cut them into pieces. Place the strawberries in a blender and grind them until pureed.
- Place the whipping cream in the fridge about 20 minutes. Beat the cream with a tablespoon of sugar until stiff peaks form. Set aside in the fridge.
- With an electric mixer beat the egg yolks with the sugar until obtain a soft and homogenous mixture. Add the strawberries cream and mix well with a spatula. Then, add the whipped cream and fold gently.
- Place in a bowl or in individual bowls and freeze about six hours or overnight.