Sugar and pear pie2016-05-20
- Servings : 10 slices
- Prep Time : 15m
- Cook Time : 40m
- Ready In : 55m
Rate this recipe:
Have a party with friends and do not know what to do for dessert? We have the perfect solution for you! Try this sugar and pear pie recipe! It’s very easy to prepare and is delicious!
Units: Metric / (Units: US)
- 200 grams / (7 ounces) dark brown sugar
- 3 pears
- 30 grams / (about 1 ounce) all-purpose flour
- 100 ml / (6 3/4 tablespoons) milk
- 50 grams / (1 3/4 ounces) margarine
- 1 whole egg
- 200 grams / (7 ounces) puff pastry
- Juice of half a lemon
- Put the brown sugar, flour and the milk in a saucepan, and whisk well. Place over low heat, add the margarine, stir and bring to a boil. When starts boiling, stir about 4 to 5 minutes until obtain a creamy and homogeneous mixture. Turn off the heat and let cool for about 5 minutes.
- Preheat the oven to 180ºC / (350ºF).
- In a bowl, whisk the egg with a fork. Add to the previous mixture and mix well. Wash and peel the pears. Cut them in half and remove the seeds. Put them in a bowl sprinkled with a little lemon juice to not oxidize.
- Line a pie pan (approximately 24 centimeters / (9 1/2 inches)) with the puff pastry and prick the bottom with a fork. Pour the cream over the pastry and garnish with the pears. Bake until the pears start to turn slightly golden brown; about 25 minutes.
- Remove the pie from the oven, let cool completely and serve.
Nutrition facts per serving (10 slices):
Total Fat: 12 g(18%)
Saturated Fat: 3 g(15%)
Cholesterol: 20 mg(7%)
Sodium: 105 mg(4%)
Total Carbohydrate: 40 g(13%)
Protein: 3 g