Sweet egg cream2013-12-09
- Servings : -
- Prep Time : 5m
- Cook Time : 20m
- Ready In : 30m
Rate this recipe:
An excellent homemade sweet egg cream that is a delight to fill and garnish cakes.
Units: Metric / (Units: US)
- 100 grams / (3 1/2 ounces) sugar
- 100 ml / (6 3/4 tablespoons) water
- 5 egg yolks
- 1 lemon peel
- 1 cinnamon stick
- In a bowl, whisk the egg yolks.
- In a saucepan, put the sugar, water, lemon peel and the cinnamon stick, stir and bring to low heat until it starts bubbling. Turn off the heat, remove the lemon peel and the cinnamon stick and let cool about 5 minutes (reserve the cinnamon stick).
- Slowly add the previous mixture to the beaten egg yolks and go stirring with a wire whisk until a homogeneous mixture. Pour in a saucepan together with the cinnamon stick and bring to low heat about 15 minutes until creamy (pass a wooden spoon in the bottom of the saucepan and if it leaves a trail like a road, the sweet is ready), stirring occasionally.
- Turn off the heat, remove the cinnamon stick and let cool completely. This sweet can be used for filling and garnish cakes.