Sweet of pineapple and cream2013-01-16
- Servings : 8
- Prep Time : 10m
- Cook Time : 15m
- Ready In : 4:25 h
Rate this recipe:
A very pleasant and refreshing pineapple sweet, confectioned with whipping cream, gelatin, sugar, egg whites and pineapple syrup, garnished with grated wafer.
Units: Metric / (Units: US)
- 1 pineapple can (850 grams / (1 3/4 pounds and 2 ounces))
- 6 pineapple slices (about 300 grams / (10 1/2 ounces))
- 1 pineapple gelatin package
- 4 egg whites
- 1 tablespoon sugar to beat the cream
- 100 grams / (3 1/2 ounces) sugar
- 200 ml / (3/4 cup and 1 1/2 tablespoons) heavy whipping cream
- Grated wafer for garnish
- Beat the egg whites until stiff. Set aside in the fridge.
- Pour the pineapple syrup into a pan, and heat over medium-high heat. Add the gelatin and the sugar and dissolve with a help of a spoon, stirring constantly. When starts boiling, turn off the heat and add the pineapple slices cut into pieces. Let cool.
- Beat the whipping cream with a tablespoon sugar and fold gently in the previous mixture together with the egg whites.
- Place the sweet in a glass bowl and refrigerate for about four to five hours.
- Remove from fridge and garnish with grated wafer.