- Servings : 8
- Prep Time : 5m
- Cook Time : 1:30 h
- Ready In : 1:35 h
Rate this recipe:
You must try this tasty and simple tomato jam! It’s a delight served with toasts or bread…
Units: Metric / (Units: US)
- 2 kg / (4 1/2 pounds) ripe tomatoes
- 350 grams / (12 1/3 ounces) sugar
- 2 cinnamon sticks
- Wash and remove the tomato skin and seeds.
- In a saucepan, place the tomato cut into small pieces together with the sugar and the cinnamon sticks. Stir with a spoon and bring to a boil over high heat. When starts boiling, reduce to low heat and simmer about 1 hour and 20 minutes until thickens (pass a wooden spoon in the bottom of the saucepan and if it leaves a trail like a road, the sweet is ready), stirring occasionally.
- Turn off the heat, remove the cinnamon sticks and let cool to room temperature. Reserve the sweet in a glass jar tightly closed.
Nutrition facts per serving (8 servings):
Total Fat: 0.5 g(1%)
Saturated Fat: 0 g(0%)
Cholesterol: 0 mg(0%)
Sodium: 12 mg(1%)
Total Carbohydrate: 53.5 g(18%)
Protein: 2 g