Tuna and bacon with rice2017-02-18
- Servings : 2
- Prep Time : 5m
- Cook Time : 25m
- Ready In : 30m
Rate this recipe:
Do you like innovate and experimenting new combinations of flavors? Try this tuna and bacon recipe with rice, it’s easy to prepare and very delicious! Dare yourself!
Units: Metric / (Units: US)
- 200 grams / (7 ounces) canned tuna
- 50 grams / (1 3/4 ounces) raw bacon
- 125 grams / (4 1/2 ounces) rice
- 1 medium ripe tomato
- 1 teaspoon paprika
- 2 medium onions
- 100 ml / (6 3/4 tablespoons) olive oil
- Thyme (to taste)
- Salt (to taste)
- Put 50 ml / (3 1/3 tablespoons) olive oil and one chopped onion in a saucepan and saute over low heat until the onion start to turn slightly golden. Add the rice and season with a little salt. Stir and fry for about 1 minute. Pour the water (twice the rice volume) and boil over medium-high heat. When starts boiling, reduce to low heat and cook for 10 minutes.
- Meanwhile, pour 50 ml / (3 1/3 tablespoons) olive oil, the peeled tomato cut into small pieces, one chopped onion, the bacon cut into strips and the paprika in a frying pan and cook over low heat until the tomato start to break down, stirring occasionally.
- Add the tuna, stir and cook for more 4 to 5 minutes, stirring occasionally. Turn off the heat and add the rice to the skillet. Mix, season with thyme and serve.