- Servings : 14 units
- Prep Time : 20m
- Cook Time : 50m
- Ready In : 1:30 h
Rate this recipe:
If you like tuna, you will love this recipe. A simple recipe of tuna balls, ideal for a picnic with friends.
Units: Metric / (Units: US)
- 200 grams / (7 ounces) potatoes
- 240 grams / (8 1/2 ounces) canned tuna
- Nutmeg (to taste)
- Pepper (to taste)
- Juice of half a lemon
- 1 tablespoon margarine
- 50 ml / (3 1/3 tablespoons) milk
- Parsley (to taste)
- 1 egg yolk
- 1 small onion
- Salt (to taste)
- Vegetable oil for frying
- Peel, wash the potatoes and place them in a saucepan with water seasoned with salt. Bring to a boil over high heat. When starts boiling, reduce to medium-low heat and cook about 25 minutes. When the potatoes are cooked, drain them and mash the potatoes with a potato masher or with a fork.
- Place the shredded tuna, nutmeg, pepper, lemon juice, chopped onion, margarine, milk, chopped parsley and the egg yolk in a saucepan and mix everything well. Bring to a boil over low heat. When starts boiling, turn off the heat and let cool to room temperature.
- Place the breadcrumbs on a dish. Mold the tuna mixture with your hands in the shape of balls and coat them well in breadcrumbs.
- Heat a frying pan with oil. When the oil is hot, add the tuna balls and fry them until golden. When they are fried, place them on a plate with absorbent paper.
- Serve the tuna balls with lettuce salad.