Tuna ‘à Brás’ with pineapple2013-05-20
- Servings : 4
- Prep Time : 10m
- Cook Time : 25m
- Ready In : 35m
Rate this recipe:
If you want to prepare a nutritious recipe to please the whole family, this is the perfect recipe, it combines several flavors and nutrients that everyone likes! Bon appetit!
Units: Metric / (Units: US)
- 400 grams / (14 ounces) canned tuna
- 6 pineapple slices (about 300 grams / (10 1/2 ounces))
- 1 medium onion
- 50 ml / (3 1/3 tablespoons) olive oil
- Pepper (to taste)
- 900 grams / (2 pounds) potatoes
- 1 whole egg
- 1 egg yolk
- Parsley (to taste)
- Salt (to taste)
- Vegetable oil for frying
- Shred the tuna with a fork and cut the pineapple slices into pieces; set aside.
- Peel the potatoes, wash them and cut into thin sticks. Season with salt and fry in hot oil. When the potatoes are fried, place them in a dish with absorbent paper and set aside. Whisk the whole egg in a bowl; set aside.
- In a saucepan, put the olive oil, the chopped onion and saute over low heat until the onion start to turn golden brown. Add the tuna, stir and cook about three to four minutes, stirring occasionally. Then, add the potatoes and mix gently. Remove briefly the pan from heat and let cool slightly. Pour the beaten egg, mix well and place back the pan over low heat for more two to three minutes.
- Turn off the heat and add the egg yolk and the chopped parsley. Mix gently and serve.