Tuna ‘à Brás’2013-01-24
- Servings : 3
- Prep Time : 10m
- Cook Time : 25m
- Ready In : 35m
Rate this recipe:
Try this delicious recipe of tuna ‘à Brás’. It’s easy, economical and very simple to prepare! Serve with salad and enjoy in the company of friends.
Units: Metric / (Units: US)
- 300 grams / (10 1/2 ounces) canned tuna
- 1 medium onion
- 50 ml / (3 1/3 tablespoons) olive oil
- 1 egg yolk
- Pepper (to taste)
- Parsley (to taste)
- 700 grams / (1 1/2 pounds) potatoes
- 1 whole egg
- Salt (to taste)
- Vegetable oil for frying
- Shred the tuna with a fork and set aside.
- Peel the potatoes, wash them and cut into thin sticks. Season with salt and fry in hot oil. When the potatoes are fried, place them in a dish with absorbent paper and set aside. Whisk the whole egg in a bowl; set aside.
- In a saucepan, put the olive oil, the chopped onion and saute over low heat until the onion start to turn golden brown. Add the tuna, stir and cook about three to four minutes, stirring occasionally. Then, add the potatoes and mix gently. Remove briefly the pan from heat and let cool slightly. Pour the beaten egg, mix well and place back the pan over low heat for more two to three minutes.
- Turn off the heat and add the egg yolk and the chopped parsley. Mix gently and serve.