- Servings : 4
- Prep Time : 20m
- Cook Time : 40m
- Ready In : 60m
Rate this recipe:
Want to innovate? Make a different recipe? Try our delicious tuna cake recipe and serve with salad.
Units: Metric / (Units: US)
- 350 grams / (12 1/3 ounces) canned tuna
- 1 large onion
- Oregano (to taste)
- 250 grams / (8 3/4 ounces) all-purpose flour
- 4 cloves of garlic
- Parsley (to taste)
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 50 ml / (3 1/3 tablespoons) olive oil
- 200 ml / (3/4 cup and 1 1/2 tablespoons) milk
- Pepper (to taste)
- 4 eggs
- Salt (to taste)
- Drain the tuna, shred it with a fork and season with oregano; set aside.
- Place the olive oil, the chopped onion and the chopped garlics in a skillet and saute over low heat until the onion starts to turn golden brown. Then, add the tuna, stir and simmer about 4 to 5 minutes over low heat, stirring occasionally. Turn off the heat, sprinkle with chopped parsley and let cool.
- Preheat the oven to 180ºC / (350ºF). Grease a loaf tin (approximately 27 x 10 centimeters / (10 2/3 x 4 inches)) with a little olive oil.
- In an electric mixer, beat on medium speed the eggs and the milk until obtain a homogeneous mixture. Season with a little salt and pepper and beat for 1 minute to incorporate. Reduce the mixer speed to low and add the flour mixed with the baking powder. After everything well beaten, fold the tuna mixture in the dough.
- Pour the mixture into the prepared tin and bake about 30 to 35 minutes (the time depends on the oven) until golden.
- Remove the tuna cake from the oven, unmold and serve with salad.
Nutrition facts per serving (4 servings):
Total Fat: 19 g(29%)
Saturated Fat: 4 g(20%)
Cholesterol: 215 mg(72%)
Sodium: 440 mg(18%)
Total Carbohydrate: 58 g(19%)
Protein: 16 g