Tuna in the oven with cream2018-01-06
- Servings : 4
- Prep Time : 10m
- Cook Time : 55m
- Ready In : 1:05 h
Rate this recipe:
If you don’t know what to do for lunch or dinner this recipe is perfect for you! Tuna in the oven drizzled with cream and béchamel is a simple recipe to prepare, very tasty and with excellent presentation. Bon appetit!!!
Units: Metric / (Units: US)
- 400 grams / (14 ounces) canned tuna
- 1 kg / (2 1/4 pounds) potatoes
- 1 large onion
- 50 ml / (3 1/3 tablespoons) olive oil
- 1/2 teaspoon paprika
- Pepper (to taste)
- 3 cloves of garlic
- Parsley (to taste)
- 200 ml / (3/4 cup and 1 1/2 tablespoons) béchamel
- 200 ml / (3/4 cup and 1 1/2 tablespoons) whipping cream
- Grated cheese (to taste)
- Vegetable oil for frying the potatoes
- Salt (to taste)
- Wash the potatoes, peel them and cut into cubes. Fry the potatoes in vegetable oil. When the potatoes are fried, put them in a dish with absorbent paper and set aside.
- Shred the tuna with a fork. Put the olive oil, the chopped onion and the chopped garlics in a saucepan and saute over low heat until the onion start to turn slightly golden brown. Add the shredded tuna and season with pepper, parsley and paprika. Stir and cook for about 2 to 3 minutes, stirring occasionally. Add the potatoes, mix everything very well and cook for more 3 to 4 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Combine together the cream and the béchamel. Preheat the oven to 180ºC / (350ºF).
- Turn off the heat, put the tuna and potatoes mixture on a baking dish and drizzle with the cream mixture. Sprinkle with grated cheese and bake until golden brown, about 30 minutes.
- Turn off the oven and serve with lettuce and tomato salad.