Tuna and pineapple pie2016-07-08
- Servings : 4
- Prep Time : 10m
- Cook Time : 45m
- Ready In : 55m
Rate this recipe:
A delicious pie is always a good choice for a dinner or a party. We present this recipe of tuna and pineapple pie to prepare in a special occasion, you’ll love it!
Units: Metric / (Units: US)
- 350 grams / (12 1/3 ounces) canned tuna
- 200 ml / (3/4 cup and 1 1/2 tablespoons) béchamel
- 1 medium onion
- 1 medium ripe tomato
- 50 ml / (3 1/3 tablespoons) olive oil
- 200 grams / (7 ounces) shortcrust pastry
- Pepper (to taste)
- 50 ml / (3 1/3 tablespoons) whipping cream
- 4 pineapple slices
- Grated cheese (to taste)
- In a saucepan place the olive oil, chopped onion and the peeled tomato cut into small pieces. Stir and cook over low heat until the tomato start to break down, stirring occasionally. Add the tuna, season with a little pepper and cook over low heat about 5 minutes, stirring occasionally. Turn off the heat, add the pineapple cut into small pieces and mix well.
- Preheat the oven to 180ºC / (350ºF). Grease a pie pan (approximately 24 centimeters / (9 1/2 inches)) with some butter, line with the pastry and prick the bottom with a fork.
- In a bowl, whisk the béchamel and the cream.
- Add the tuna mixture over the pastry and drizzle with the béchamel mixture. Sprinkle with grated cheese and bake until the pie start to turn golden, about 25 minutes.
- Turn off the oven and serve.
Nutrition facts per serving (4 servings):
Total Fat: 29 g(45%)
Saturated Fat: 7 g(35%)
Cholesterol: 10 mg(3%)
Sodium: 690 mg(29%)
Total Carbohydrate: 48 g(16%)
Protein: 7 g