Tuna rice with eggs2013-04-22
- Servings : 4
- Prep Time : 15m
- Cook Time : 40m
- Ready In : 55m
Rate this recipe:
A delicious recipe for the whole family, rice confectioned in a sautéed of olive oil, onion and garlic, which goes in the oven with tuna and boiled eggs, drizzled with a béchamel sauce and sprinkled with grated cheese.
Units: Metric / (Units: US)
- 400 grams / (14 ounces) canned tuna
- 2 eggs
- 1 medium onion
- 50 ml / (3 1/3 tablespoons) olive oil
- 1 chicken stock cube
- 300 grams / (10 1/2 ounces) rice
- 100 ml / (6 3/4 tablespoons) whipping cream
- 3 cloves of garlic
- 200 ml / (3/4 cup and 1 1/2 tablespoons) béchamel
- Parsley (to taste)
- Grated cheese (to taste)
- Pepper (to taste)
- Salt (to taste)
- Cook the eggs in a pan with water. When the eggs are cooked, peel them, cut into round slices and set aside. Shred the tuna with the help of a fork and season with pepper. Set aside.
- In a pan, place the olive oil, the chopped onion and the chopped garlics. Leave to sauté over low heat until the onion starts to turn slightly golden brown. Add the chicken stock cube and dissolve it in the sautéed. Add the rice, season with salt, stir and fry a little in the olive oil. Pour the water (twice the volume of the rice), simmer and cook about 10 to 12 minutes.
- Mix with the help of a fork the whipping cream and the béchamel.
- In a glass baking dish place a layer of rice, another of tuna and finally, another layer of rice. Sprinkle with chopped parsley, garnish with the egg slices and drizzle with the béchamel mixture. Sprinkle with grated cheese and bring to a preheated oven at 180°C / (350ºF) about 20 to 25 minutes until gratin.
- Turn off the oven and serve.