Turkey steaks with onions2015-04-10
- Servings : 4
- Prep Time : 5m
- Cook Time : 25m
- Ready In : 30m
Rate this recipe:
A very tasty turkey steaks recipe, easy to prepare and ideal for a lunch among friends. Try it!
Units: Metric / (Units: US)
- 4 turkey steaks (about 500 grams / (17 1/2 ounces))
- 2 medium onions
- 3 cloves of garlic
- Pepper (to taste)
- 2 medium ripe tomatoes
- 50 ml / (3 1/3 tablespoons) olive oil
- 1 bay leaf
- 1.2 kg / (2 2/3 pounds) potatoes
- Vegetable oil for frying
- Parsley (to taste)
- Salt (to taste)
- Place the turkey steaks on a platter and season with salt, bay leaf and pepper.
- Place the olive oil, the onions cut into round slices, chopped garlics and the peeled tomatoes cut into small pieces in a saucepan over low heat and simmer until the tomato start to break down, stirring occasionally. Then, add the steaks and simmer for 10 to 12 minutes. Turn the steaks occasionally.
- Wash, peel the potatoes and cut them in cubes. Season with salt and fry in hot oil. When they are fried, place them in a platter over absorbent paper.
- Turn off the heat, sprinkle with chopped parsley and serve the turkey steaks with fries.
Nutrition facts per serving (4 servings):
Total Fat: 39 g(60%)
Saturated Fat: 11 g(55%)
Cholesterol: 85 mg(28%)
Sodium: 280 mg(12%)
Total Carbohydrate: 58 g(19%)
Protein: 33 g