Veal steaks in the oven2013-12-09
- Servings : 4
- Prep Time : 10m
- Cook Time : 60m
- Ready In : 2:45 h
Rate this recipe:
Delicious veal steaks seasoned with salt, bay leaf, garlic, tomato, red pepper sauce and pepper, drizzled with olive oil and white wine, which are going to the oven with boiled potato.
Units: Metric / (Units: US)
- 4 veal steaks (about 500 grams / (17 1/2 ounces))
- 7 cloves of garlic
- Pepper (to taste)
- 1 bay leaf
- 100 ml / (6 3/4 tablespoons) white wine
- 100 ml / (6 3/4 tablespoons) olive oil
- 2 medium ripe tomatoes
- 1.2 kg / (2 2/3 pounds) small potatoes
- 1 tablespoon red pepper sauce
- Salt (to taste)
- In a baking dish, place the steaks and season with salt, unpeeled crushed garlics, pepper, bay leaf, red pepper sauce and peeled tomatoes cut into chunks. Drizzle everything with white wine and olive oil and leave to marinate about two hours.
- Peel and wash the potatoes. Cook them in a pan with water seasoned with salt. When they are cooked, drain them and place in the baking dish along with the meat. Drizzle the potatoes with the meat seasoning and bring to preheated oven at 180°C / (350ºF) about 35 to 40 minutes until the potatoes start to turn slightly golden brown.
- Turn off the oven and serve with lettuce and tomato salad.
Nutrition facts per serving (4 servings):
Total Fat: 33.5 g(52%)
Saturated Fat: 7.5 g(36%)
Cholesterol: 129 mg(43%)
Sodium: 166 mg(7%)
Total Carbohydrate: 52 g(17%)
Protein: 36.5 g