- Servings : 14 slices
- Prep Time : 20m
- Cook Time : 30m
- Ready In : 50m
Rate this recipe:
If you like walnut this cake is perfect for you! It’s a simple cake, quite pleasant and with excellent presentation. It’s ideal to serve in a family snack! Try it!!
Units: Metric / (Units: US)
- 200 grams / (7 ounces) walnut kernels
- 5 eggs
- 200 grams / (7 ounces) sugar
- 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- Preheat the oven to 180ºC / (350ºF). Grease a round cake pan (25 x 6 centimeters / (9 3/4 x 2 1/3 inches)) with margarine and dust with some flour.
- In a food processor grind the walnut kernels until obtain a fine powder.
- In an electric mixer, beat on medium speed the eggs and the sugar until obtain a homogeneous mixture. Add the grinded walnut and mix for 3 to 4 minutes until it’s nicely incorporated. Reduce the mixer speed to low, add the flour mixed with the baking powder and beat until a homogeneous and quite creamy mixture.
- Pour the dough into the prepared pan and bake until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean, about 30 to 35 minutes (the time depends on the oven).
- When the cake is cooked, remove from the oven and unmold onto a plate. Let cool to room temperature and serve.
Nutrition facts per serving (14 slices):
Total Fat: 11 g(17%)
Saturated Fat: 1.5 g(8%)
Cholesterol: 75 mg(25%)
Sodium: 65 mg(3%)
Total Carbohydrate: 17 g(6%)
Protein: 5 g