Watermelon chocolate cake2014-08-12
- Servings : 14 slices
- Prep Time : 20m
- Cook Time : 35m
- Ready In : 55m
Rate this recipe:
If you want a simple and easy cake to prepare, we have the perfect solution for you! Try this watermelon chocolate cake, you’ll love this delicious blend of flavors…
Units: Metric / (Units: US)
- 200 grams / (7 ounces) watermelon
- 150 grams / (5 1/3 ounces) all-purpose flour
- 125 grams / (4 1/2 ounces) sugar
- 5 eggs
- 1 tablespoon honey
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 2 tablespoons chocolate powder
- Preheat the oven to 180ºC / (350ºF). Grease a bundt cake pan (25 x 10 centimeters / (9 3/4 x 4 inches)) with margarine and sprinkle with flour.
- Cut the watermelon into pieces. Place it in a blender and blend on high until smooth; set aside.
- In an electric mixer, beat on medium speed the eggs and the sugar until obtain a creamy and homogeneous mixture. Add the watermelon, chocolate powder, honey and mix for 3 to 4 minutes until it’s nicely incorporated. Reduce the mixer speed to low, add the flour mixed with the baking powder and beat until a creamy mixture.
- Pour the mixture into the prepared pan and bake until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean, about 35 to 40 minutes (the time depends on the oven).
- When the cake is cooked, remove from oven and unmold onto a plate. Let cool to room temperature and serve.
Nutrition facts per serving (14 slices):
Total Fat: 2 g(3%)
Saturated Fat: 0.5 g(3%)
Cholesterol: 75 mg(25%)
Sodium: 65 mg(3%)
Total Carbohydrate: 20 g(7%)
Protein: 4 g