Yoghurt, apple and cinnamon cake2014-04-28
- Servings : 14 slices
- Prep Time : 20m
- Cook Time : 25m
- Ready In : 45m
Rate this recipe:
A fresh cake with a fantastic mix of flavors, yoghurt and cinnamon, mixed with apple pieces.
Units: Metric / (Units: US)
- 125 grams / (4 1/2 ounces) natural yoghurt
- 4 eggs
- 2 apples
- 200 grams / (7 ounces) all-purpose flour
- 150 grams / (5 1/3 ounces) sugar
- 1 tablespoon cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- Preheat the oven to 180ºC / (350ºF). Grease a round cake pan (25 x 6 centimeters / (9 3/4 x 2 1/3 inches)) with margarine and sprinkle with flour.
- In an electric mixer, beat on medium speed the eggs with the sugar until obtain a creamy and homogeneous mixture. Then, add the yoghurt and mix for 1 to 2 minutes until well incorporated. Reduce the mixer speed to low, add the flour mixed with the baking powder and beat until obtain a very creamy mixture. Meanwhile, wash, peel the apples and cut them into small pieces. Add the apple to the dough and fold with a spatula.
- Pour the mixture into the prepared pan and bake until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean, about 25 minutes (the time depends on the oven).
- When the cake is cooked, remove from oven and unmold onto a plate. Let cool completely and serve.
Nutrition facts per serving (14 slices):
Total Fat: 2 g(3%)
Saturated Fat: 0.5 g(3%)
Cholesterol: 60 mg(20%)
Sodium: 65 mg(3%)
Total Carbohydrate: 26 g(9%)
Protein: 4 g