Almond honey and cinnamon cake2014-07-21
- Servings : 12 slices
- Prep Time : 20m
- Cook Time : 25m
- Ready In : 45m
Almond honey and cinnamon cake, perfect for a cold winter evening, ideal to serve with tea. Try it!
Units: Metric (Units: US)
- 150 grams (1 cup) all-purpose flour
- 150 grams (2/3 cup) granulated sugar
- 1 tablespoon honey
- Zest of one lemon
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 150 grams (5 1/3 ounces) almond kernel
- 4 eggs
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- Preheat the oven to 180ºC (350ºF). Grease a bundt cake pan (24 x 8 centimeters (9 1/2 x 3 1/4 inches)) with margarine and dust with flour.
- In a food processor, grind the almonds until they become a fine powder; set aside.
- In an electric mixer, beat on medium speed the sugar, eggs and the lemon zest until a homogeneous mixture. Add the grinded almond kernel, honey, cinnamon and mix about 3 to 4 minutes until well incorporated. Reduce the mixer speed to low, add the flour mixed with the baking powder and beat until a homogeneous and quite creamy mixture.
- Pour the mixture into the prepared pan and bake until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean, about 25 minutes (the time depends on the oven).
- Remove the cake from the oven and unmold onto a plate. Let cool to room temperature and serve.
Almond honey and cinnamon cake
Nutrition facts per serving (12 slices)
Total Fat: 8 g(12%)
Saturated Fat: 1 g(5%)
Cholesterol: 70 mg(23%)
Sodium: 70 mg(3%)
Total Carbohydrate: 28 g(9%)
Protein: 6 g