Banana and cinnamon cake2019-02-05
- Servings : 12 slices
- Prep Time : 20m
- Cook Time : 50m
- Ready In : 1:10 h
If you like cakes with fruit, you must try this delicious banana and cinnamon cake. The fusion of these two ingredients is perfect! It’s a simple cake, with excellent presentation, ideal to serve in a snack or for breakfast.
Units: Metric (Units: US)
- 2 medium bananas
- 1/2 tablespoon cinnamon powder
- 2 eggs
- 2 tablespoons light brown sugar
- 125 grams (4 1/2 ounces) yogurt
- 150 grams (2/3 cup) granulated sugar
- 200 grams (1 1/2 cups) all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- Preheat the oven to 180ºC (350ºF). Grease a loaf tin (24 x 10 centimeters with 7 centimeters high (9 1/2 x 4-inch with 2 3/4-inch-high)) with margarine and dust with some flour.
- In an electric mixer, beat on medium speed the eggs and the sugar until obtain a creamy mixture. Place the bananas cut into pieces, the yogurt, and the cinnamon in a blender and blend on high until creamy. Add the banana mixture to the eggs and sugar mixture and mix for 3 to 4 minutes until it’s nicely incorporated. Reduce the mixer speed to low, add the flour mixed with the baking powder and beat until obtain a creamy and homogeneous mixture.
- Pour the dough into the prepared tin and sprinkle with brown sugar.
Bake until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean, about 50 minutes (the time depends on the oven).
- When the cake is cooked, remove from the oven and unmold. Let cool to room temperature and serve.