- Servings : 14 slices
- Prep Time : 20m
- Cook Time : 35m
- Ready In : 55m
Rate this recipe:
Prepare a special cake with a special flavor that will make the delight of all your friends, a delicious brandy cake served with a hot cup of coffee! Try, you gonna love it!!
Units: Metric / (Units: US)
- 6 eggs
- Zest of one lemon
- Zest of one orange
- 150 grams / (5 1/3 ounces) sugar
- 150 grams / (5 1/3 ounces) all-purpose flour
- 2 tablespoons brandy
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- Preheat the oven to 180ºC / (350ºF). Grease a bundt cake pan (24 x 8 centimeters / (9 1/2 x 3 1/4 inches)) with margarine and sprinkle with some flour.
- Separate the yolks from the whites. Beat the egg whites until stiff peaks form and reserve in the fridge.
- In an electric mixer, beat on medium speed the egg yolks and the sugar until obtain a creamy and homogeneous mixture. Add the brandy, orange zest and the lemon zest and mix for 2 to 3 minutes until it’s nicely incorporated. Reduce the mixer speed to low, add the flour mixed with the baking powder and beat until creamy. Finally, fold gently with a spatula the whipped egg whites.
- Pour the mixture into the prepared pan and bake until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean, about 35 minutes (the time depends on the oven).
- Remove the cake from the oven and unmold onto a plate. Let cool completely and serve.