Breaded cod in the oven2013-10-29
- Servings : 4
- Prep Time : 10m
- Cook Time : 1:15 h
- Ready In : 1:25 h
If you want to give a special touch to cod, try this recipe. Breaded cod in the oven with potatoes, drizzled with a delicious olive oil and garlic sauce. It’s a perfect recipe for a family lunch. Bon appetit!!!
Units: Metric (Units: US)
- 4 desalted cod steaks (about 1 kg (2 1/4 pounds))
- 200 ml (about 1 cup) olive oil
- 1 egg
- Pepper (to taste)
- 1 bay leaf
- 6 cloves of garlic
- 1.2 kg (2 2/3 pounds) small potatoes
- Salt (to taste)
- Preheat the oven to 180ºC (350ºF)
- In a bowl, whisk the egg with a fork. Coat the cod steaks in the beaten egg and then in breadcrumbs.
- Place the olive oil, unpeeled crushed garlic, pepper and bay leaf in a saucepan and simmer for about 2 to 3 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Place the potatoes and the cod on a baking dish, drizzle with the olive oil and garlic mixture and bake until golden brown, about 1 hour and 15 minutes.
- Remove the baking dish from the oven and serve.
Breaded cod in the oven
Nutrition facts per serving (4 servings)
Total Fat: 51 g(65%)
Saturated Fat: 7.5 g(38%)
Cholesterol: 178 mg(59%)
Sodium: 268 mg(12%)
Total Carbohydrate: 48.5 g(18%)
Protein: 64 g