Breaded cod in the oven2013-10-29
- Servings : 4
- Prep Time : 10m
- Cook Time : 50m
- Ready In : 60m
Rate this recipe:
If you want to give a special touch to the cod, this is the ideal recipe. Breaded cod in the oven sprinkled with egg and parsley.
Units: Metric / (Units: US)
- 4 desalted cod steaks (about 1 kg / (2 1/4 pounds))
- 4 eggs
- 200 ml / (3/4 cup and 1 1/2 tablespoons) olive oil
- 6 cloves of garlic
- Parsley (to taste)
- All-purpose flour
- 1.2 kg / (2 2/3 pounds) potatoes
- Salt (to taste)
- Wash the potatoes and place them in a saucepan with water seasoned with salt. Bring to a boil over high heat. When starts boiling, reduce to medium heat and cook about 20 minutes. When the potatoes are cooked, drain them and set aside.
- Preheat the oven to 180ºC / (350ºF). In a bowl, whisk two eggs with a fork. Coat the cod with flour, then dip in the eggs mixture, and finally coat in breadcrumbs. Place the cod in the center of a rectangular baking dish and around place the potatoes; set aside.
- Place the olive oil and the sliced garlic in a saucepan and bring to low heat about 2 to 3 minutes. Turn off the heat, drizzle the cod and potatoes with olive oil and bake about 25 minutes until golden brown. Occasionally drizzle the potatoes and the cod with the sauce.
- Meanwhile, bake the remaining eggs in a saucepan with water about 10 minutes. When the eggs are cooked, peel them and cut into small pieces together with the parsley.
- Remove the baking dish from oven, sprinkle the cod with the egg mixture and serve.