Broad beans with spare ribs and poached eggs2013-10-29
- Servings : 4
- Prep Time : 10m
- Cook Time : 1:35 h
- Ready In : 1:45 h
Rate this recipe:
A delicious recipe for the whole family, broad beans confectioned with olive oil, onion, bay leaf and garlic, mixed in chorizo and spare ribs, sprinkled with coriander and served with poached eggs.
Units: Metric / (Units: US)
- 500 grams / (17 1/2 ounces) broad beans
- 2 medium onions
- 4 cloves of garlic
- 1 bay leaf
- Pepper (to taste)
- 50 ml / (3 1/3 tablespoons) olive oil
- 300 grams / (10 1/2 ounces) spare ribs
- 75 grams / (2 2/3 ounces) Portuguese chorizo
- 4 eggs
- Coriander (to taste)
- Salt (to taste)
- In a pan, place the olive oil, chopped onions, the peeled whole garlic, bay leaf, the spare ribs cut into pieces and the chorizo cut into round slices. Season with salt and pepper, stir, bring over low heat and cook about 30 minutes.
- Pour water (enough to cover completely the mixture), season with a little salt and simmer. When starts boiling, add the broad beans, stir and cook about an hour (if necessary add a little more water until cover the broad beans).
- When the broad beans are cooked, sprinkle with chopped coriander, add the eggs and leave them poach. Turn off the heat, allow to rest about five minutes and serve.