Brown sugar, olive oil and cinnamon cake2017-03-04
- Servings : 12 slices
- Prep Time : 20m
- Cook Time : 35m
- Ready In : 55m
With winter and cold, hot drinks and a homemade cake are always a good solution for a family snack! Prepare this brown sugar, olive oil and cinnamon cake and serve with a hot cup of coffee! Bon appetit!
Units: Metric (Units: US)
- 150 grams (about 1 cup) dark brown sugar
- 75 grams (1/3 cup) softened butter
- 1 3/4 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 tablespoons cinnamon powder
- Zest of one orange
- Zest of one lemon
- 125 grams (1 cup) all-purpose flour
- 4 eggs
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- Preheat the oven to 180ºC (350ºF). Grease a loaf tin (25 x 11 centimeters with 7 centimeters high (9 3/4 x 4 1/3-inch with 2 3/4-inch-high)) with margarine and dust with flour.
- In an electric mixer, beat on medium speed the brown sugar, butter, lemon zest and the orange zest until a homogeneous mixture. Add the eggs and beat until obtain a creamy mixture. Then, add the olive oil, the cinnamon and mix for 2 to 3 minutes to incorporate. Reduce the mixer speed to low, add the flour mixed with the baking powder and beat until a quite creamy mixture.
- Pour the mixture into the prepared tin and bake until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean, about 35 to 40 minutes (the time depends on the oven).
- Turn off the oven and unmold the cake. Let cool completely and serve.