Burger with apple and bacon2016-02-03
- Servings : 6 units
- Prep Time : 15m
- Cook Time : 20m
- Ready In : 35m
Try this quick and easy recipe of burgers served with bacon and with a delicious apple and brown sugar mixture…
Units: Metric (Units: US)
- 200 grams (7 ounces) minced beef
- 200 grams (7 ounces) minced pork
- 2 cloves of garlic
- 1/2 tablespoon breadcrumbs
- 1 egg yolk
- 1 medium onion
- 1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
- Pepper (to taste)
- Nutmeg (to taste)
- 50 ml (1/4 cup) olive oil
- 4 red apples
- Salt (to taste)
- 100 grams (3 1/2 ounces) sliced raw bacon
- 1 cinnamon stick
- 150 ml (2/3 cup) water
- 3 tablespoons brown sugar
- Juice of one lemon
- Place the minced meat in a bowl together with salt, pepper, nutmeg, chopped garlic, chopped onion, Worcestershire sauce, egg yolk and breadcrumbs.
Mix well with your hands and mold in the shape of burgers.
- Wash, peel the apples and cut them into small pieces. Put them in a saucepan with the water, brown sugar, lemon juice and the cinnamon stick. Stir and boil over medium heat. When starts boiling, reduce to low heat and simmer about 7 to 8 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Meanwhile, heat the olive oil in a skillet. When hot, add the burgers and fry them on both sides over medium-low heat until slightly golden.
- When the burgers are fried, place them on a plate and set aside. Place the bacon slices in the skillet and fry them on both sides about 2 to 3 minutes; set aside.
- Place the bacon and the apple pieces on top of each burger and serve.