Caramelized pear cake2013-12-30
- Servings : 14 slices
- Prep Time : 15m
- Cook Time : 55m
- Ready In : 1:10 h
Rate this recipe:
A very pleasant and easy cake to prepare, confectioned with flour, sugar, eggs, lemon zest and margarine, which goes to the oven with caramelized sugar and pear.
Units: Metric / (Units: US)
- 4 pears
- 200 grams / (7 ounces) sugar
- Zest of one lemon
- 200 grams / (7 ounces) margarine
- 4 eggs
- 200 grams / (7 ounces) all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 200 grams / (7 ounces) sugar to caramelize
- Heat over low heat a saucepan with the sugar. Leave the sugar to caramelize until stay with a brownish color. Grease a round cake pan (25 x 6 centimeters / (9 3/4 x 2 1/3 inches)) with the caramelized sugar.
- Wash, peel the pears and cut them into slices. Place them in the bottom of the cake pan and set aside.
- With an electric mixer beat the sugar along with the margarine and the lemon zest until obtain a creamy texture. Then, add the eggs, without stop beating. Finally, add the flour mixed with the baking powder. Pour the mixture inside the cake pan and bring to preheated oven at 180°C / (350ºF) about 40 to 45 minutes (the time depends on te oven).
- Remove from oven and unmold onto a plate. Let cool completely and serve.