Caramelized pineapple cake2013-03-27
- Servings : 14 slices
- Prep Time : 20m
- Cook Time : 40m
- Ready In : 60m
With a delicious caramelized pineapple coverage this cake is ideal to present in a special occasion.
Units: Metric (Units: US)
- 5 eggs
- 150 grams (2/3 cup) granulated sugar
- 100 grams (3/4 cup) all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 200 grams (about 1 cup) granulated sugar to caramelize
- 7 pineapple slices (about 350 grams (12 1/3 ounces))
- Preheat the oven to 180ºC (350ºF).
- Pour 200 grams (about 1 cup) sugar in a round cake pan (25 x 6 centimeters (9 3/4 x 2 1/3 inches)). Place the cake pan on the stove over low heat until caramelize the sugar (go turning the cake pan until stays completely caramelized). Turn off the heat and place pineapple slices on the bottom of the cake pan.
- Meanwhile, in an electric mixer, beat on medium speed the eggs and the sugar until obtain a creamy mixture. Reduce the mixer speed to low, add the flour mixed with the baking powder and beat until obtain a homogeneous and creamy mixture.
- Pour the mixture into the cramelized pan and bake until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean, about 35 to 40 minutes (the time depends on the oven).
- Turn off the oven and unmold the cake to a dish. Let cool to room temperature and serve.
Caramelized pineapple cake
Nutrition facts per serving (14 slices)
Total Fat: 1.5 g(3%)
Saturated Fat: 0.5 g(3%)
Cholesterol: 58 mg(19%)
Sodium: 23 mg(1%)
Total Carbohydrate: 34 g(11%)
Protein: 3 g