Caramelized plum cake2014-07-02
- Servings : 14 slices
- Prep Time : 25m
- Cook Time : 30m
- Ready In : 55m
Cake for the whole family with excellent presentation, confectioned with flour, sugar, cinnamon, eggs, lemon zest and plum, that goes to bake in the oven in a cake pan greased with caramelized sugar.
Units: Metric (Units: US)
- 125 grams (1/2 cup) granulated sugar
- 4 eggs
- 200 grams (1 1/2 cups) all-purpose flour
- Zest of one lemon
- 6 plums cut into pieces
- 6 plums cut in half
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 200 grams (about 1 cup) granulated sugar to caramelize
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- Place the 200 grams (about 1 cup) sugar in a saucepan. Bring to low heat and leave the sugar caramelize until stay with a brownish color. Grease a round cake pan (25 x 6 centimeters (9 3/4 x 2 1/3 inches)) with the caramelized sugar. Place the plums cut in half on the bottom of the cake pan and set aside.
- With an electric mixer beat the eggs along with the sugar, cinnamon and the lemon zest until obtain a creamy and homogeneous texture. Then, add the flour mixed with the baking powder. Finally, fold the plum pieces with a spatula.
- Pour the mixture inside the cake pan and bring to preheated oven at 180°C (350ºF) about 25 to 30 minutes (the time depends on the oven).
- When the cake is cooked, remove from the oven and unmold onto a plate. Let cool completely and serve.