- Servings : 8 units
- Prep Time : 10m
- Cook Time : 40m
- Ready In : 50m
Rate this recipe:
Carrot dreams is a sweet confectioned with flour, eggs, sugar, orange juice and brandy, fried in oil, sprinkled with sugar and cinnamon.
- 200 grams / (3 1/2 ounces) all-purpose flour
- 1 kg / (2 1/4 pounds) carrots
- 2 eggs
- Juice of one orange
- Zest of one orange
- 50 ml / (3 1/3 tablespoons) brandy
- 200 grams / (7 ounces) sugar
- 1 cinnamon stick
- Cinnamon powder for dusting
- Sugar for dusting
- Vegetable oil for frying
- In a pan cook the peeled carrots in a little water with the cinnamon stick. When they are cooked reduce them to puree with a fork.
- In a bowl place the puree with the sugar, eggs, flour, orange zest, orange juice and brandy. Mix everything well with a spoon.
- Heat the oil in a skillet. With the help of a spoon, remove small portions of the mixture and fry them in hot oil.
- When they are fried place them on a platter over absorbent paper and let cool.
- Sprinkle with sugar and cinnamon and serve.