Chicken ‘à Brás’2013-05-13
- Servings : 4
- Prep Time : 15m
- Cook Time : 25m
- Ready In : 40m
Rate this recipe:
Try this easy and different recipe of chicken mixed with fries, with the delicious parsley aroma! It’s so good that you’ll want to repeat…
Units: Metric / (Units: US)
- 800 grams / (1 3/4 pounds) chicken breast
- 1 kg / (2 1/4 pounds) potatoes
- 50 ml / (3 1/3 tablespoons) olive oil
- Juice of half lemon
- 1/2 teaspoon paprika
- Oregano (to taste)
- 1 egg
- Pepper (to taste)
- 4 cloves of garlic
- 1 medium onion
- Parsley (to taste)
- Salt (to taste)
- Vegetable oil for frying
- Cut the chicken breast into pieces and season with a little salt, pepper, chopped garlic, oregano, paprika and lemon juice; set aside.
- Peel the potatoes, wash and cut them into thin sticks. Season with some salt and fry them in hot oil. When the potatoes are fried, place them on a plate with absorbent paper; set aside.
- In a bowl, whisk the egg with a fork and set aside.
- Meanwhile, place the olive oil and the chopped onion in a saucepan and saute over low heat until the onion starts to turn golden brown. Add the chicken pieces with the marinade, stir and cook over low heat about 10 to 12 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Add the potatoes and mix gently with a wooden spoon. Remove briefly the pan from heat and pour the beaten egg. Mix well and place the pan back over low heat for 2 to 3 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Turn off the heat, sprinkle with chopped parsley and serve with lettuce.